Shed 76 & 1/2 is please to welcome Liz Cooksey back as a visiting tutor on Saturday 20th June 2020 10-4pm in Brighouse HD6 3EL
'Stories in the round'
Using a circle as the central composition to create a playful sense of place, exploring observations of the natural world; bird nests, hedgerows, rock pools, mosses & lichen, pebbles and shore lines. These small worlds will be created by using a mixed media approach, working with; wire, printed papers, fragments of cloth, old maps, buttons etc..and bringing these elements together using a selection of techniques such as stitch, crochet, print, wire work, collage and needle tatting.
Useful equipment and materials for the workshop
The following list are only suggestions so please do not worry if you don’t have specific items as I will have plenty of materials we should be needing.
- Crochet hook, finer the better e.g. 0.6mm 0.75mm 1.25
- Fine threads that could be used for both crochet and hand stitching.
- Fabrics, fragments old and new, found bits and pieces.
- Collage materials, printed papers, maps, old books, buttons…
- Pliers – Smallish wire cutters/snips, round nose pliers, Flat pliers
- Any printing blocks, ink pads.
Please bring your lunch.
Anne will provide tea and coffee through out the day.
Liz Cooksey -Stories in the round 20th June
Thank you for booking onto the workshop.
Once I have received notification of your booking I will message you with confirmation of your place. At least 2 weeks before the workshop I will email you a reminder and requirements list. If you require any further information please email me.
Thanks again and I hope to see you soon,